View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Revisiting The Past - Ideas Thread 
Socialite
Socialite

Location: Either school or the Card Shop, depending on the day
Post Re: Revisiting The Past - Ideas Thread
Hey, Roahm, I've noticed that the Slot Machine in Pokemon Silver is rigged, and confirmed it using Frame Advance and SaveStates. Its absolutely impossible to win. Maybe you could see if it's the same case for Emerald?

Current project: Senior Project :p

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Zwataketa wrote:
Hey, Roahm, I've noticed that the Slot Machine in Pokemon Silver is rigged, and confirmed it using Frame Advance and SaveStates. Its absolutely impossible to win. Maybe you could see if it's the same case for Emerald?

Well, I'm not sure it's "impossible to win," I think some are rigged, but there's usually one or two machines that have a higher chance of payout, something weird like that? As far as frame advance, I just don't really know how to do that right off. I only know where the turbo key is, so if anyone has good working knowledge of how to do that with VBA, maybe I can give it a look.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Florist
Florist

How about more Powered Up stuff? Like showing off Proto Man.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:40 am
Country Clubber
Country Clubber

MrmarioRBLX wrote:
How about more Powered Up stuff? Like showing off Proto Man.

He already did. Watch the end of the Boss Rush challenges.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Florist
Florist

Oh, ah well.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:16 pm
New Entrant
New Entrant

A few things in particular from Eternal Darkness I want you to show;

First, what happens when you choose an essence on a new game plus. (Even if you already know, some of your watchers might not.)
Second, the stupid fact that you can't SKIP ANY OF THE TUTORIALS ON A NEW GAME PLUS! That's just stupid. Really. Even on your fourth playthrough, they won't let you skip the tutorials. :facepalm:

Though I know you're going to be showing more sanity effects, so you can tack these onto the start of that/those videos.

:dwck:

Edit: I just remembered that when you're picking a rune at the very end (as Edward) you can choose the wrong rune, and he'll eventually comment on how rusty he's been getting.

Speaking of Edward, I really want you to show off the Elephant gun. You have to save the servant in the master bedroom for that.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Jumpitydude wrote:

First, what happens when you choose an essence on a new game plus. (Even if you already know, some of your watchers might not.)
Second, the stupid fact that you can't SKIP ANY OF THE TUTORIALS ON A NEW GAME PLUS! That's just stupid. Really. Even on your fourth playthrough, they won't let you skip the tutorials. :facepalm:

Though I know you're going to be showing more sanity effects, so you can tack these onto the start of that/those videos.

Edit: I just remembered that when you're picking a rune at the very end (as Edward) you can choose the wrong rune, and he'll eventually comment on how rusty he's been getting.

Speaking of Edward, I really want you to show off the Elephant gun. You have to save the servant in the master bedroom for that.

We'll see, some of those things might be good, but more likely to get tacked onto the actual Eternal Darkness project when I work on showing alternate endings and such.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
New Entrant
New Entrant

RoahmMythril wrote:
Jumpitydude wrote:

We'll see, some of those things might be good, but more likely to get tacked onto the actual Eternal Darkness project when I work on showing alternate endings and such.

Yeah, I expected that response. Though the Elephant gun is hilarious.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:01 am
New Entrant
New Entrant

I just read something that says that something happens if you hit the top of Trinitro man's head four times.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:07 pm
Florist
Florist

Here's a question:
Does the Revenge strategy against Elec Man work in Mega Man Powered Up Old Style?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 am

MrmarioRBLX wrote:
Here's a question:
Does the Revenge strategy against Elec Man work in Mega Man Powered Up Old Style?

Hmm, I'm not actually sure, I haven't bothered much with Old Style on Powered Up.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Socialite
Socialite

I have seen that all the slot machines (seriously, I checked them ALL) really are rigged in Goldenrod city. Therefore, I'll tell you how to set the hotkeys for VBA tomorrow, as I am tired right now. *yawn* good night.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:43 am
Socialite
Socialite

IVE GOT IT IVE GOT IT! IVE GOT IT!

Roahm, please do a special run of the boss rush mode in Aria of Sorrow using only the Giant Bat Soul and the flame demon ability (+ succubus to make it work)! It can be a challenge! Also, you can try for no damage, to make it like a perfect run, and keep outtakes, but that much is up to you.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:58 am
Socialite
Socialite

Hey, Roahm, I know Silent Hill 4 is you're least favorite of the series, and you probably just want to be done with it for good, but I heard somewhere that placing Holy Candles in the final battle slows Eileen down. Could you possibly verify that if you get the chance? Maybe it's how you get one of the better endings when she's fully possessed?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Zwataketa wrote:
Hey, Roahm, I know Silent Hill 4 is you're least favorite of the series, and you probably just want to be done with it for good, but I heard somewhere that placing Holy Candles in the final battle slows Eileen down. Could you possibly verify that if you get the chance? Maybe it's how you get one of the better endings when she's fully possessed?

Hm... I've never heard anything like that, I've only heard that you can "heal" her with the candles in the last area where she's following you, and thus THAT slows her down.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Socialite
Socialite

Well I read it again, and it said specifically that you can slow her down by putting candles on the staircase in the final battle. It did say staircase and final battle, I made sure of it. So?

Also, me and my friend are going to play hard mode tomorrow for our upcoming Youtube show. Two aspies. Playing The Room for the first time. On Hard Mode. Are we going to die? The answer to that, is a definite yes.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:34 am

Zwataketa wrote:
Well I read it again, and it said specifically that you can slow her down by putting candles on the staircase in the final battle. It did say staircase and final battle, I made sure of it. So?

Also, me and my friend are going to play hard mode tomorrow for our upcoming Youtube show. Two aspies. Playing The Room for the first time. On Hard Mode. Are we going to die? The answer to that, is a definite yes.

Huh... I can look at it perhaps, but you can't actually get ON the stairs, so... I'm not sure how you'd put a candle there...

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Socialite
Socialite

I think you'd face the bottom of the stairs and put holy candles on it. If that doesn't work, then maybe the wiki put it in the wrong context and you're actually supposed to put it around the stairs? As long as it actually slows her down when tried.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Zwataketa wrote:
I think you'd face the bottom of the stairs and put holy candles on it. If that doesn't work, then maybe the wiki put it in the wrong context and you're actually supposed to put it around the stairs? As long as it actually slows her down when tried.

I can try it. I will say, considering all the inventory space you need for the final battle, carrying a bunch of candles in there isn't really practical.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Socialite
Socialite

Well, you actually don't need four inventory spaces, but I understand that's part of your strategy for that boss. Just puttin it out there. :sweatdrop:

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Zwataketa wrote:
Well, you actually don't need four inventory spaces, but I understand that's part of your strategy for that boss. Just puttin it out there. :sweatdrop:

As many hits as it takes to kill Walter, trust me, the faster you can do the spear section, the better. Unless you just don't care about Eileen of course. It might not seem like a lot of time having to do it one or two at a time, but it adds up.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Socialite
Socialite

*ahem* Pikmin. Other endings. And fighting the Smoky -poison thing that I forget the name of normally.

Since you said you aren't doing them on the main project (and for good reason don't get me wrong), this should be a compromise right? :D After all, it's been a good bit of time since this thread has been updated! ^^'

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Zwataketa wrote:
*ahem* Pikmin. Other endings. And fighting the Smoky -poison thing that I forget the name of normally.

Since you said you aren't doing them on the main project (and for good reason don't get me wrong), this should be a compromise right? :D After all, it's been a good bit of time since this thread has been updated! ^^'

I could at least consider the other endings. Fighting Smoky Progg normally though... That one, I dunno, it kinda falls under the category of "why WOULDN'T you do it the way I did?" Fighting with Reds or Yellows going one bomb rock at a time, it's just horribly inefficient and not particularly as amusing to watch as the oneshot method.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Florist
Florist

RoahmMythril wrote:
MrmarioRBLX wrote:
Here's a question:

Hmm, I'm not actually sure, I haven't bothered much with Old Style on Powered Up.

It doesn't. I tried.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 pm
Socialite
Socialite

Maybe if you CAN get the libra glitch to happen you could show that?

Now, I know it's random. I'm just providing it as an "if", considering this is an ongoing project. Y'know. ;)

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:42 pm
Socialite
Socialite

ROAHM ROAHM ROAHM ROAHM ROAHM! (Yes, I say that like the camel from that Geico commercial)

Ok, so in Secret of Mana, do this. First get to Spikey Tiger (this can be done anywhere, but it's best to demonstrate on Spikey Tiger) Get an AI to charge up an attack past level 1 (at least level 2), then, while it's charging up the second bar (not comeletely charged up, but in the middle of the bar somewhat), set that character's charge level below the current charge level, and let the attack fly on the boss/enemy (i don't know if you need to regain control first or not, bear that in mind). You'll be pretty astounded by the result if you manage to pull it off.

Also, not important in the slightest:
Zwataketa wrote:
I dont have an opinion about silent hill, but its great that you figured out how to pass those things in mega man without glitches or weapons! :) I'll tell you if I think of anything.

Wow, how things change with time. Now I like Silent Hill. O.O

Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:41 pm
New Entrant
New Entrant

Wow. It's... been a while since I last posted here. Got a couple small things you could potentially show off in a later Revisiting the Past episode, though. I went through Silent Hill 3 during October (your annual Halloween Silent Hill runs have encouraged me to do the same), and discovered a few little things I don't recall seeing in your LP.

-First, in the Alternate Mall, after you crack open the walnut and get the Moon Stone in the sporting goods store, you don't actually *have* to backtrack through that roundabout area you took in your LP. If you instead head left, there's a door -- which is locked if you were to check it from the other side earlier -- that you can now unlock for a nice little shortcut back to the circular walkway nearby. You may well have already known about this, but you didn't show it in your LP, nor did you mention the option to do so, so I figured I'd point it out anyhow.

-Second, this one's pretty minor, and I don't even know if it'd be worth showing, but... After beating the Split Worm, and the mall returns to normal, if you examine the table in the Happy Burger that Heather was sitting at/sleeping on in the intro, she'll comment on that, wondering if she's not still dreaming.

-Third... and this one's probably the most interesting. And most amusing. In the Alternate Hospital -- specifically the room on the first floor labelled "Day Room" on the map -- if you enter from the north door (that is, the disconnected area where you can find the book that talks about "unnecessary people"), it's actually possible to hit the Nurse in the adjacent part of the room through the wall, even with melee weapons, and it doesn't seem like she can do anything to you in response. This isn't terribly helpful (it lets you kill the Nurse without any danger to yourself, but a single Nurse usually isn't much of a threat anyhow), but it sure did make me laugh when I discovered it was possible!

I know that it's been a long time since you did your Silent Hill 3 LP, and maybe one or all of these things were pointed out to you already... but, well, I figured it wouldn't hurt to mention them.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2